You may create and submit your application for admission to NKU using the online application website. When prompted, make sure to list all the colleges you have ever attended.
Please note: If you are a working adult student interested in one of the PACE programs at NKU, you will need to apply for admission to NKU through the PACE website instead.
While you are creating your application, you will choose one of NKU's 70+ academic majors as your desired program of study. You may alternatively select an undeclared major.
Once you complete the application, you must then submit the required credentials for admission. We will begin evaluating your application after we receive all your required credentials.
- Pay the $40 application fee
- There is a non-refundable $40 application fee for all online applications, which you may also pay online by credit card using the online application website after you submit your application.
- Submit all official college transcripts
- You will need to request official transcripts from all the regionally accredited colleges and universities you have ever attended at any point in time, and submit them to NKU at the following mailing address:
- Northern Kentucky University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
AC 400, Nunn Drive
Highland Heights, KY 41099
- Must have GPA of 2.0 or higher and meet NKU's standards and deadlines to be considered for admission.
- Fewer than 24 credit hours?
- If you have fewer than 24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours of transferable credit, you must also request and submit your official high school transcript or GED scores, and your official ACT, SAT, or COMPASS test scores.
- NKU will accept ACT or SAT scores as they are listed on your high school transcript or ordered directly from the testing agency. If you need to order ACT scores, use code 1566. If you need to order SAT scores, use code 1574.
Please be aware, ACT or SAT scores may also be required for admission into certain programs within the College of Education and Human Services and for entry into certain courses with prerequisite requirements, regardless of the number of credit hours that you will be transferring to NKU. In these cases, COMPASS test scores might not be acceptable.
To receive AP (Advanced Placement) and/or CLEP (College Level Examination Program) credit, you must send the official score report to the Office of Admissions for evaluation, regardless of whether it appeared on your previous college transcript.
If you have earned U.S. Military credit, you may send your official military transcript to the Office of Admissions for evaluation.
Degree seeking students may apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
If you need help applying for financial aid, you may contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance at NKU. We also encourage you to visit our Tuition & Scholarships page to learn more about your options for financing college tuition.
You can check the status of your online application at any time. Log in using your email address and password you chose when creating your application. Once logged in, click "Detail" to view the status of your application, including a list of the credentials we have received and those we have yet to receive. If you have questions during this time, contact us.
Once we receive all your required credentials, your application for admission will be sent to our team for evaluation. In order to provide you with the most complete and accurate results, this course-by-course evaluation process may take up to 15+ business days. Following that process, the final admission decision will be made and you will be notified via postal mail.